Vadym Shakhraichuk’s team took convincing revenge against their opponents for the previous defeat in the first round match.

Kyiv Capitals (Kyiv) – Dnipro (Kherson) – 7:2 (1:1, 2:0, 4:1)

Pucks: 1:0 – Panchenko (Chernenko, Taran), 00:50; 1:1 – Stotskyi (Revuka, Sydorenko, majority), 14:30; 2:1 – Kryvonozhkin (Kutsevych), 25:43; 3:1 – Kutsevych (minority), 31:55; 4:1 – Kutsevych (Berdniks, Lapko), 42:20; 5:1 – Panchenko (Chernenko, Kutsevych), 43:35; 6:1 – Berdniks (Dvornyk, Chernenko, double majority), 45:57; 7:1 – Kutsevych (Berdniks, Chernenko, majority), 52:56; 7:2 – Tsiura (Danylenko, Liesnikov, majority), 54:47

Kyiv Capitals: Boris Babik; Kostiantyn Riabenko – Denis Berdniks, Vladyslav Kutsevych – Serhii Chernenko (c) – Yaroslav Panchenko; Valentyn Sirchenko – Pavlo Taran, Andrii Kryvonozhkin – Mykola Dvornyk – Mykyta Oliynyk; Colin Whitt – Eetu Moksunen, Vladyslav Luhovyi – Yevhen Sekirko – Danylo Tyshchenko; Tymur Lapko – Denys Khonin, Oleksandr Valkun – Denys Plesovskykh – Oleksandr Koida
Head coach:
Vadym Shakhraichuk

Dnipro: Eduard Zakharchenko (Valentyn Poperezhai, 42:20); Anton Stotskyi – Yevhen Ratushnyi, Mykyta Sydorenko, Dmytro Mosiuk – Serhii Stetsiura; Nikita Liesnikov – Kyrylo Bortnikov, Dmytro Kobylnyk – Anatolii Revuka – Illia Shcherbak; Artem Portnoi – Denys Nalyvaiko, Oleg Palamarchuk – Serhii Poimanov – Dmytro Poperezhai; Arsen Oliynyk – Ihor Gorbunov, Maksym Kurakh – Mykhailo Tsiura – Ivan Omelchuk
Head coach:
Oleksandr Bobkin

Opponents approached the reporting meeting in Kyiv with both personnel losses and additions. In Kyiv, Vladyslav Kutsevych returned to the first team after missing the match with Tryzub. However, Dnipro could not rely on two leading performers, Illia Kryklia, the best assistant of the championship and defender Valentyn Alexiuk. Nevertheless, the “pikes” managed to add two newcomers to their team, Denys Nalyvaiko and Ivan Omelchuk, who previously played for Kharkiv Berserks.

The events in the meeting unfolded with astonishing speed. Just 50 seconds into the game, the hosts took the lead. Taran took the shot, and Panchenko scored his 15th goal of the season with a light touch to the puck. Vadym Shakhraichuk’s team had plenty of opportunities to extend their lead, but Zakharchenko’s excellent play at the last stage kept the Kherson team within one goal of the opponent.

Instead, Oleksandr Bobkin’s team approached their opportunities more effectively. During the majority draw, Stotskyi was the first to score after a shot by Sydorenko and a ricochet from Revuka, surprising Babik for the first time. With an even score in the first period, Dnipro had a slight advantage in terms of chances, mainly due to the higher number of two-minute penalties for the Kyiv team. However, the teams went into the first break with the score level.

Both teams started the second twenty minutes energetically, creating numerous opportunities for Babik and Zakharchenko. However, the Capitals took the lead once again. Poimanov failed to convert a one-on-one opportunity against the hosts’ goalkeeper, and the Kyiv players quickly launched a counterattack. Kutsevych passed to Kryvonozhkin, and Andrii once again gave his team the advantage with a powerful shot.

Afterwards, there were disciplinary sanctions to address. Sekirko received a two-minute suspension for a foul against an opponent and was further penalized with a 10-minute disqualification for emotional outbursts.

However, the hosts managed to score a goal. It was worth mentioning that they did so while being in the minority. Kutsevych was the first to capitalize on a ricochet off the glass, beating Zakharchenko for the third time from close range. Additionally, big respect should be given to Babik and the Capitals’ defenders who spent a whopping 14 minutes in the penalty box during the second period. Despite this, the Slovakian goalkeeper managed to keep his goal safe.

As the teams headed into the break, the Capitals were leading by two goals. However, it is essential to note that Colin Whitt received a ten-minute penalty, adding to the already high number of removals from the home team. The start of the third period favored the Kyiv team. Kutsevych scored a double, taking advantage of Zakharchenko’s unsuccessful actions, who failed to react to Berdniks’ shot. Shortly after, Valentyn Poperezhai from Dnipro came out to defend his goal on the ice. Only a minute later, Panchenko also scored for a second time. Chernenko expertly sent Yaroslav towards the empty goal, and he didn’t miss.

Showing great determination, the Kyivans continued to score, capitalizing on their double man advantage. Berdniks impressed with an excellent long-distance shot and scored in second match in a row.

A little later, the momentum of this match led to a hat trick. The one responsible for this accomplishment was Kutsevych, who skillfully placed the stick under Berdniks’ throw. However, the home team not only continued to score, but also added disciplinary ten-minute penalties to their list of mistakes. Taran was another player who received one of these penalties.

The visiting team also took advantage of their numerical superiority in the third period. Tsiura seized the opportunity, making a solo pass and scoring a second goal past Babik.

Nonetheless, this did not dampen the spirits of the Kyivans too much, as they sought revenge for their defeat in the opening match of the championship by overtaking Oleksandr Bobkin’s team in the standings. Vadym Shakhraichuk’s team currently holds the second position, while their opponents today are in third place. It is worth mentioning that the Capitals’ next match will take place on November 22nd in Vinnytsia, where they will face the Kharkiv Berserkers.